Developmental Disabilities and the Importance of Vaccine Access
By the end of this training the participant will be able to:
- Review what is a developmental disability
- Discuss the impact vaccine-preventable diseases have on individuals with a developmental disability
- Review promoting cooperation during vaccine administration – a video by University of Houston Clear Lake
- Discuss strategies for making vaccines accessible for individuals with developmental disabilities
Steps to course completion:
- Presentation (50-minute video)
- Post Test (score of 100%)
You will receive a certificate of completion for 1 credit hour at the end of the course.
Cizik School of Nursing at UTHealth is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Powerpoint is available for download on this page. Please make sure to download it before you take the course.
If you have any questions or concerns please email Katy Gore at kgore@immunizeUSA.org.